Virtual Computing Laboratory
The Odum Institute, in partnership with ITS Research Computing, has made available several lab applications on the Virtual Computing Laboratory (VCL). Located at vcl.unc.edu, you can reserve an environment with many of the applications available in the Odum Institute computer labs from any computer with a remote desktop client (such as a Windows, Mac, or Linux computer). The service is available to any UNC student, faculty, or staff member.
Odum Institute environments available:
- Amos/PASW Statistics (SPSS) 19 (with DBMS/Copy)
- ArcGIS/ENVI+IDL/SAS/Spatial Apps
- LaTeX (with TeXNicCenter, MikTeX, and JabRef)
- Mathematica 8
- MATLAB 7.11 R2010b
- Microsoft Office 2010
Other environments available include quantitative analysis applications.
To get started, visit vcl.unc.edu, or read one of the help documents below:
- Quick User Guide
- Odum Institute Detailed User Guide (PDF)
- VCL Help Topics
- Using AFS on the VCL
- VCL reservation demonstration