Data Matters: Data Science Short Courses
Sponsored by the National Consortium for Data Science (NCDS), the Renaissance Computing Institute (RENCI), and the Odum Institute for Research in Social Science, the "Data Matters: Data Science Summer Workshop Series" is a week-long series of classes for researchers, data analysts, and other individuals who wish to increase their skills in data studies and integrate data science methods into their research designs and skill sets. Scholars, analysts, and researchers from all disciplines and industries are welcome. Both one- and two-day courses will be offered; participants are welcome to register for one, two, or three classes. Classes will run from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
June 22-26, 2015June 22-23
- Introduction to Data Science, Tom Carsey
- Data Visualization, Angela Zoss
- Data Science Using R, Chris Bail
- Data Curation: Managing Data throughout the Research Lifecycle, Odum Staff
- Collecting, Classifying, and Analyzing Big Data, Chris Bail
- Internet of Everything, Russ Gyurek
- Big Data in Health and Medicine, Mark Braunstein
- Open(ing) Data: Considerations in Data Sharing and Reuse, Odum Staff
- Social Network Analysis, Bruce Desmarais
- System Dynamics and Agent-based Modeling, Todd BenDor
- Data Mining, Ashok Krishnamurthy
If you have questions, please contact Paul_Mihas@unc.edu.